Monday, March 9, 2009

16 Weeks, 4 Days...the Fear, the Wonder

Psalm 139:13-14, Hebrew Names Bible "13 For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I will give thanks to you, For I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well." The Fear and the Wonder are 2 things that go hand in hand with any new parents-to-be. The Fear comes when they are overwhelmed by "advice" from well-meaning friends, relatives, and strangers. Advice on all sorts of stuff-from "travel systems", nursery furniture, breastfeeding, mother's diet, and controversial "training methods" for baby. The Wonder takes place in the Ob's office when you get to see that ultrasound, hear that heartbeat, and find out that you are doing everything just fine and baby is swell. Then baby starts growing, and growing, and growing and you know that God is doing all the work just the way it needs to be done, regardless of the Fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment