Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Kid Whose Dad...

Your the kid whose dad...
-Drops you off in the morning, making sure to let you greet all the other infants in your daycare class. I don't care if you are the most popular, but I do want you to know how to socialize and communicate. You being the best dressed is my perogative.
-Chooses to carry you in a carrier rather than use a stroller, just so we can be extra close. You seem so far away in a stroller.
-Sends cards for every holiday and "just because" with your latest and cutest pictures to grandparents, cousins, and friends.
-Always has new pictures just developed and showing them, hot off the press.
-Holds you in my arms during Praise and Worship at Church so we can do it together. I even color coordinate what I am wearing your outfit so we don't clash.
-Reads Mother Goose in different voices and sings the rhymes whever possible to make it more fun! Reconnecting to my childhood is soo much fun!
-Hung a "Baby on Board" sign up in the car weeks before you were born.
-Makes music mix-tapes to listen to with you in mind. Not lullabies either.
-Calls people when you hit milestones, such as laughing, rolling-over, etc. It is just fascinating to me and I can't help but share these things.
-Doesn't call you 'princess' because I don't believe in that, but will always be your knight in shining armor.

I'm that dad...your that girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment