Friday, February 12, 2010

Dropped off by Daddy

Lately I've been noticing more and more just how many dads do the morning "drop-off" routine at your school. Seems like this is the "guy thing" to do, the dropping off. Mom gets to be the hero and rescue you at "pick-up time" at the end of the day. You don't seem to mind being dropped off one bit. You only cried once when I dropped you off, and that was simply a fleeting whimper that ended before I had reached the door. There is too much to see and do when I drop you off for you to become fussy. You are usually noticing the other babies or playing with whatever toys I give you when I put you down. We greet all the other babies in your class each morning. I want you to be well socialized. Then we play for a few minutes but I could stay for hours if I weren't so disciplined. As much as we may play or giggle in the mornings, there is always something else to grab your attention once we are there so you won't get upset when I leave. Your face actually lights up when we walk in the place. Then I call your mom, tell her who was there, give the fashion report, and finally head to work. Even after all these months the dropping off is still tough. Why do you think I am always late for work. All of the other dads probably have the same problem too.

No comments:

Post a Comment