Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sweet Potatoes, Food Of The Gods

I wish I expressed as much enthusiasm and joy about my diet as you did with that ambrosia that we started serving you this week known as Sweet Potatoes. You just simply loved them and made the most rapturious faces when you tasted them. There wasn't much food on your face either. Sweet potatoes were too good to "feed your face" with. They pretty much all went directly into your mouth. That mouth opened wide just like a baby bird's mouth does. Then in goes the spoonful of sweet potatoes and you look like you have just tasted a culinary masterpiece. I teased you with the spoon a couple of times, getting you to move your head all around, transfixed on the orange colored contents. Then when you had enough of that I gave them too you. Don't get me wrong, your mom and I enjoy sweet potatoes too, but it is pretty obvious we don't enjoy them quite as much as you do. Just wait until you taste them with brown sugar and cinnamon. Or sweet potatoe pie! Or candied yams! I don't usually put marshmallows on top of candied yams but I suppose I will just for you. Well, your mom actually likes them that way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment