Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Gerber, Not Gourmet

As you grow you have developed an expanding sense of taste. I knew it was true from the first time I saw you eat those delicious sweet potatoes. That tongue of yours has baby tastebuds! You ate your way through the vegetable world, and soon discovered the joys of fruits; applesauce being an early favorite. From there it was off to baby yogurt, which tastes a lot like adult yogurt. Now we are tasting proteins. It is still a mystery to me why they mix meats with all the side items but you seen to love it. We served you your first tastes of thanksgiving all from one jar last week. Turkey and sweet potatoes go together pretty well, even in a pureed form. The jar didn't mention gravy or dressing or cranberries. Those are my favorite parts of the thanksgiving meal. It is fun to watch your expression when we pop a new flavor into your mouth. It is also fun to watch your mom's face too as she tries a taste of it. In the rare event of leftovers, I may also try a sample myself. Eat well my child, for I have already declared that you are going to have to learn to eat what your mom and I like; and we dont live on hot dogs and chicken nuggets!

No comments:

Post a Comment