Wednesday, June 24, 2009

31 Weeks, 6 Days...Purple Rain

Saw something I never heard of today in the paper pertaining to newborn care and coping with a newborn. There is going to be a roundtable discussion on infant care in our fair city. It includes the importance of not co-sleeping with the child, the shaken baby syndrome, and the "period of purple crying." Your mother and I have never heard of this last one. We determined that it must be a bout of nonstop crying in which you would turn purple from holding your breath. I have a strategy for if this happens. I will distract you by making a loud noise. Maybe I will hit pots and pans together or ring a bell or something. I could even sing, whatever it takes. If I can get your attention then you will be distracted and forget about whatever it was that you were crying about. Purple is our favorite color but don't want a purple child. People might ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment